May 26, 2020
To All Addison Ice Friends, Families and Visitors:
Addison Ice will reopen this Friday May 29th and will do so in compliance with recommendations set forth by the Illinois Department of Commerce & Economic Opportunity.
Information on the guidelines can be found at this link:
As we move closer to the re-opening of the Addison Ice Arena, we wanted to take this opportunity to inform our valued customers of the following changes in operating practices that we will be making in the short-term to deal with COVID-19 concerns:
1. We have reduced our capacity/occupancy for total persons in the building to 50% pursuant to Illinois DCEO mandates.
2. The Front Desk and Skate Rental areas will have clear partitions installed to protect our guests and staff. Please respect those spaces for the safety of all.
3. We are asking that all persons entering the rink wear a face covering at all times except when engaging in an on-ice or off-ice activity.
4. Please do not congregate at the front desk. If there is a line awaiting to be served, please maintain the standard safe social distancing of six (6) feet. We will have taped standing markers on the floor for spacing guidance.
5. Hand Sanitizer stations will be located at the entrance to the building and at the entrance to each rink and we ask everyone to frequently use them.
6. Over the past eight weeks we have extensively disinfected the building and will maintain increased cleaning efforts during this period.
7. The Locker Rooms will be closed. Chairs will be provided throughout the rinks for the purposes of putting on and taking off skates. Without locker room availability, please come dressed if possible to the rink and also please leave all valuables at home as there will not be a safe place to store them during your activity.
8. There will be no Public Skating sessions at this time.
9. We will have Rat Ice and Stick and Puck sessions but all participants must call the rink in advance and secure a spot on the schedule.
10. There will be no rental skates available except for learn-to-skate classes.
11. Initially our staff will be restricting entry to the facility to
If our limited spectator space is full, we ask that non-skaters and non-players remain outside and do not congregate at the entry door.
12. We ask that all players conduct their warm up activities outside whenever possible at a safe socially acceptable distance from each other.
13. Our staff will regularly be disinfecting the bathrooms so please be patient with us if such spaces are temporarily closed for cleaning.
14 We will ask all persons in the building to maintain safe social distancing of six (6) feet between person per the CDC recommendations.
15. All water fountains will be unavailable for use so please be sure to bring your own filled water bottle and please do not share any water bottles between persons.
16. Please do not come to the rink if you are experiencing a cough, shortness of breath, difficulty breathing, fever of 100.4 or above, chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, new loss of taste or smell or any other CDC-identified symptoms.
17. We will be staggering start times on each ice surface to minimize contact between teams and groups pursuant to Illinois DCEO guidelines.
18. All coaches and instructors have been informed that they can have multiple groups of no more than 10 players as long as a minimum distance is maintained between the groups. The nature of our sports (Figure Skating and Hockey) actually do very well at these distances normally with our actually ice surfaces being 20,000 square feet (OLY) and 17,000 square feet (NHL). The Illinois DCEO has set a minimum distance between groups of 30 feet, which allows us well more than enough room to fit our teams and skaters onto the ice. Multiple groups are allowed on the ice at the same time but have to maintain their distance and we are asking coaches to design practices accordingly.
19. The Fifteen Minute Window – We are asking that players/skaters come into the building no earlier than fifteen (15) minutes prior to their scheduled ice time and leave within fifteen (15) minutes of its conclusion. That will help in controlling the number of persons in the building and assist in keeping everyone at safe distances.
20. The COVID-19 Waiver- All persons, without exception, will be asked to sign a COVID-19 Waiver, which is available for download on our website. If you are under eighteen (18) years of age, it must be signed by your parent or guardian as well. Please do this at home and bring to the rink prior to your ice session.
21. We ask that if you are paying with cash, please bring exact change.
22. Give them a break. Please realize our staff will be doing everything to assure a safe facility for everyone who enters. As such, please understand that they will be monitoring the spacing situation on a regular basis and PLEASE comply with any requests they make. We all have to work together during this difficult time to make these necessary adjustments as painless as possible.
We are excited to get back “ON THE ICE” and want to make sure we follow all the guidelines set in place so we can remain open. As the guidelines ease, so will the above restrictions. We appreciate all your patience as we all try to resume our normal activities with a safety first mentality.
Yours in Sport,
Addison Ice Arena
Please print out the waiver, fill it out, and bring to the rink with you to speed up your check in process.
No one will be able to enter the facility without one. Thank you.
475 S. Grace Street (630) 543-9200